OIA Complaints

Are you unhappy with the way your university handled your complaint or appeal?

If you have attempted to resolve your complaint or appeal within the universities internal procedures, you may be asking:

  • How can I complain about my university?
  • Where can I complain about a university in the UK?
  • Who are the OIA?

The Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) is an independent complaints body for England and Wales that deals with higher education institution complaints. The OIA will review complaints brought by students and consider whether the university followed the appropriate steps and procedures in handling the case.

There are certain requirements that need to be met to raise an eligible complaint. The OIA’s 2023 report confirms that 75% of cases were not justified, withdrawn or not eligible. It is therefore crucial that you receive the right support in order to bring a successful complaint.

Our OIA complaint solicitors bring the benefit of their experience in dealing with a number of different university complaints, appeals and OIA complaints. Our OIA complaint experts can help you:

  • Advise whether the university followed their own procedures
  • Consider and obtain any evidence needed to support your complaint
  • Help draft a robust case to the OIA
  • Review any response sent by the university
  • Advise on the recommendations made by the OIA

Contact our OIA Complaint Advice Line today on:

  • Call: 03333 44 34 84

The OIA Complaint Advice Line is a free service during which our university lawyers will:

  • Consider the best path to success
  • Explain how they can help and provide details of our services offered
Scroll to Top

By making a booking, you agree to the terms and conditions